Everything I know about web design and development, I learned from the largesse of those who have shared their own knowledge along the way. These are some of the best. (If they don’t write often, it’s because they’re too busy changing the web.)
- A List Apart – pushing the web in the right direction one issue at a time for over a decade.
- Andy Mangold – I only just discovered him, but I’m a fan of where he’s going.
- CSS Wizardry – I normally loathe tips-and-tricks sites. Harry Roberts’ site is the exception.
- Jason Santa Maria – a designer whose work I admire immensely.
- Mark Boulton – a Welsh fellow intent on betting web design practice and standards.
- Simple Bits – Dan Cederholm does some really elegant visual design work.
- Unstoppable Robot Ninja – Ethan Marcotte is one of the real luminaries of web design, always advancing best practices.
- John Dyer’s Code – works for a seminary, wrote a book on media ecology, and makes things like MediaElement.js. Impressive.
- O’Reilly Radar – the daily Four short links posts are worth their weight in gold.
- The Grid System – exactly what it says on the label.